24 March 2007

Elementary School Days ~

Dennis and I enjoy volunteering at Joshua's school whenever we can.
Jed, Joshua, Dennis and Erin. We've known Erin since Kindergarten. Her eyes are wide as I read to her about the pirates in the magic tree house book. I change my voice to make it "spooky" and she looks scared ... I tell her it's just a story and she says "oh, ok then ... and giggles". She is the one who wants to be a weather girl (see sub teaching blog) when she grows up.

Kris with Kearra and Karissa: Two of the little girls who I had in my sub class recently. They are best friends who are very sweet together. Kearra always wants to sit by me when I visit for lunch. Karissa just LOVES Joshua.


Joshua with his Daddy during a special bring your parents to lunch for Veterans Day. They really do a great job celebrating the Veterans each year.


~ Our little family ~

"See ya later Daddy". 8:00 AM / 1st day of 1st Grade. What a big boy he is now!

The desk "team" arrangement on in his first grade class. She always rearranges though, so the kids don't get too used to sitting with the same people as some children are VERY distracting to the other kids.

Joshua's First Grade Teacher. She is a very sweet person. We recently found out that we are invited to her wedding in June. Joshua will love that! He really loves his teacher this year. She goes "above and beyond" the call of duty as she spends hours staying late each day and so much of her free time to plan for these children. Joshua is lucky to have her this year.

Here we are on the 1st day of 1st grade ... 2006. He was up early and ready for school that day. "Go ahead and go Mommy", he independently said.


Joshua is a very good student. Above, he is pictured on Kindergarten graduation day. "Well, that's over" he proudly said. He is always proud to come home with his school work, projects, and report cards. He has a wonderful teacher who he always says is "the best teacher ever". She looked at him the other day and told him that he is the best student ever too. I told her she may not want to say that in front of all the other kids and she just laughed. She is a very patient, kind person who genuinely seems to love her job.

No comments: