24 March 2007

7 Years of Marriage ~

I met Dennis in a gym who needed a Certified Massage therapist in 1998. I swore I'd never work at a "guy gym" such as that place but somehow ended up there one day. I walked in less than enthusiastic (not my normal self) as it wasn't my "dream place" to do massages ... however, I asked if they needed a new Massage Therapist and was hired on the spot.

Dennis had recently rehabilitated himself (with strong will, hard work and determination to get better) after a bad MS exacerbation. He was helping out in that gym training others on how to work out properly. He soon became a certified personal trainer as he had great personal reward by helping others gain strength and live healthier lives. I was proud to know him and it wasn't long before we fell in love. I admired his strong will, determination, and will to survive. I am proud of him!


We had a lot of fun together and time seemed to stand still as we lived in our "own little world". Before long, we learned that things wouldn't stay all "fun and games" as I learned that we had a baby on the way! "YIPPEE he screamed" and shot his arms in the air with surprise and elation.

Although there are times when it's not always "easy" ...

In the end, we remember how lucky we are to have found each other. He is my very best friend, such a wonderful husband and father to our son and I KNOW he is going to be a super Foster Dad too. I couldn't ask for a better life partner. I love Dennis more than anything and am proud to be his wife. :) xoxo

*


I Love You
(A poem for Dennis for our anniversary ... 7 years)

How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life?
I'll start by saying what an honor it is for me to be your wife.
You're my very best friend in the good times, and my rock in our times of sorrow.

You're the reason for all of the special memories and my promise for tomorrow.
I never thought I could feel this loved until I became your wife.
You made this year, like every year the best one of my life.


Happy 7th Anniversary!


Loving you now and always,


~ Kristine ~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet and getting very rare these days. Congrats!

The Paulsen People said...

Thanks Bruce. :) We are very happy to have each other and to be a family. I just can't believe it's been 7 years already. Time seems to pass so quickly.

I hope you are doing well down there in Texas.

Love,
Kris.

Anonymous said...

You guys are the biggest cheese balls I have every met, but perfect for eachother!
~~Earth MoMma~~