I woke up Sunday morning to the smell of Pancakes and Eggs coming from the kitchen. I only heard whispers from the kids, and Dennis telling them "Shh, Mommy isn't feeling well" ... I had been sick for a couple of days and could hardly talk my throat hurt so bad! I was hoping I'd be better on my Birthday, and that the 4 of us would stop passing this bug around ... but it ended up being a very nice B-day anyway. I've never been sick on a birthday before, but it really didn't matter - I had everything I needed right here at home ... my 3 favorite men, and of course my precious little girl Bella (who was resting too from her recent surgery to be fixed). Beautiful roses, and beautiful loving cards sat on the kitchen table. When I opened the cards from the kids, I laughed when I saw money fall out. Joshua gave me $1.35 and Dakoda $0.27! It was so cute. They saw Mom and Grama sent money and wanted to do the same I suppose. Dakoda whispered "you're the best Mommy in the whole world" in my ear, and Joshua told me that he loves his life ... what else could a Mommy hope to hear? Dennis always writes the sweetest things in his cards, but I'll keep that for my eyes only.
Usually I don't feel any different on my B-day ... but this year I have to say that I DO feel a lot different. I've learned a lot this past year - been thru many happy and also sad times, and feel stronger because of all of it. A lot of life lessons came my way and I'm grateful for each of them.
*
Thank you to my wonderful family and friends for all the Birthday wishes ... each one made me smile. I'm grateful for all of you! :)
PS. In the photos above ... Yes, Dakoda DID draw on Joshua's face with a permanent black magic marker. Silly boys!
2 comments:
Did someone turn 35? =)
35!!! A turning point in a woman's life. Look to the past for good memories and learning points, plan for the future, but LIVE in the PRESENT!
Happy Birthday Sweetheart
Love, Mom
Post a Comment