We are SO proud of Dakoda today. This summer we started a "Star Chart" where each day the boys get the opportunity to earn stars for helping around the house, and for good behavior. If Dakoda gets less than 3 verbal warnings (which we call strikes) he gets a star sticker to put on the chart for the day. He has really been listening better lately and has truly wanted to earn his 10 stars so that he could get the prize. Well ... he did it! He earned his stars and got to pick his first prize after seeing Joshua get several since we started the star chart. We went to Walmart and Dakoda chose the hulk smash hands. Later, he said "I was a good boy and I did it Mommy, I earned my stars." We are very proud of both boys, and happy to have found a system this summer break that gives them the opportunity to see that they choose their behaviors and their consequences. We can see that Dakoda is proud of his accomplishment.

1 comment:
Way to go Dakoda!!!
Love, Nanny and Paps
Post a Comment