04 September 2007

Labor Day Weekend ~

Monday: Today we woke up early, and went with Dennis to watch him play baseball. He plays in a league called 'Saturday baseball League'. It is an all men, and they play weekly. Dennis was pitching today, and did a great job! We enjoyed watching the game. We sat in the shade most of the morning, and the weather was perfect! I can't wait for the cool fall weather to arrive. I love my morning walks when the country air is so fresh.

***
Here are a few mini-movies of the kids playing outside this weekend. Joshua really wanted to get a trampoline for the backyard after we went to a picnic with our sunday school class a couple of years ago. Our friends had one in their backyard. Joshua jumped for over an hour straight and ran up to us with his sweaty little head and said "can we get one of these please?". We are happy that he has used it quite a bit. Now, thinking back to when Dakoda first tried it - it was so funny. He kept his little body so erect as he bounced. It was really cute to see his hair bounce in the wind as he chanted "bouncy, bouncy, bouncy". :) Yep, it's true - I do take pleasure in every little thing my kiddies do. They are just so much fun to be with, and their joy is my joy too.

Wrestle Time.

"Kids, singing ... Big girls don't cry, Fergie". This is Dakoda's favorite song at the moment. Joshua likes "Live like you were dying".

Clean up time: It's so nice as a parent to hear your children being kind, loving, and polite to each other. Ok, so I'm being sarcastic right now --- but watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

But in the end ... there is always enough brotherly love to carry them through.

No comments: