22 May 2007

1st Grade Graduation / Joshua

Joshua's 1st grade class:
(Pictured: Front row to back)
Selena, Erin, Tyler, Marie, Holland, Keara, Diamond, Katie, Karissa, Justice, Justin, Jed, Eddie, Kallel, Richard, Joshua, Bryce, & Oliver

The party today was a "pirate" Theme.

The kids played several games and had a really fun time. Dennis and I gave the kids tatoos on their arms, cheeks and foreheads. It was fun! We've really enjoyed working with the children this year in Joshua's class. Each Thursday we went to have "craft time" with the kiddos to give Ms. Brooks a much deserved break. She appreciated it and the kids seemed to as well. Also, I was able to sub teach for several days this year. It was great! :) I did however, promise Joshua that I'd "back off" from being up at his school so much next year. I'll TRY anyway! Hey ... I was on PTO, one of the room Moms AND a substitute teacher / can you blame me? Ok, maybe you can ... but I love my little dude so much that it is hard to stay away.

Pirate Joshua
Pirate Daddy
Aye Matey ... Pirate "Little D"
"Pin the eye patch on the pirate" ... Go Joshua! What an exceptional teacher he had this year!
-------------------------------------------------
Today we went to Joshua's school to watch him receive his 1st grade completion award. Later, we went to his room party and were so happy to find out that Joshua was one of the top 5 readers in his class of 23 students. He was given an award from his teacher and a basket of gifts. We are so proud of him! She said that he read over 300 books this year!

Good job Joshua...Way to go!!! : )

Dakoda LOVED being in "school" today with his big brother Joshua. He was our little helper too, as we passed out snacks to all the kids. Of course, he wanted to share in the festivities as well ... Joshua didn't mind though. He is a proud BIG brother.

No comments: