20 April 2007

DAKODA ~


Dakoda





We have VERY exciting family news! On May 2, 2007 Dakoda "Kody" will be joining our family. He will turn 3 on May 27th. He has been in Foster Care for most of his life (living in 3 different homes) but has recently been granted TPR from the judge at his last hearing. The judge ruled that he is legally free for adoption at this time, so we hope to be adopt him soon. He is a healthy, happy boy and we are thrilled to have him join our family. : )




Thank you so much to our family and friends who have been supportive throughout this very long process. Those of you who have supported our decision to want to adopt truly means the world to us.
We are grateful to have you all in our lives.
We will drive about 1 hour to pick him up next week. Joshua said "Mommy, I might cry when I hug him because I am so happy". While swimming yesterday, Joshua said he can't wait to swim with his little brother.

We have all wanted this for so long and just can't wait for him to come home!

I was told this morning that Dakoda said "I want to go meet my new Mommy". :) How happy am I? .... Happier than words can express. Dennis has been cleaning all week, preparing for his arrival and Joshua is declaring his many big brother promises. For example, Joshua is stating that he will read to Dakoda each night from 7:30 - 7:32 PM. Soooo cute!

As happy as we all are .... we do realize that there will be many challenges in the future as we all adjust to each other. We have prepared ourselves the best that we can with our Foster training, reading, talking to other foster parents and social workers. More than all of that though, we have prayed about this and truly feel that it is what God wants us to do. Dennis and I started talking about adopting more than 5 years ago and this has been a decision well thought, one that we are 150% sure about. We have opened our hearts, and minds ... and come what may ... we feel truly blessed.

Being a parent is definitely the GREATEST job on earth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who wouldn't support your decision is not worth your time. As a birth mother myself, I know that the mother would be very happy to know that Dakoda is with his "forever family"

The Paulsen People said...

Thanks Amber! :)