Alisha, Jenny, Erica, Lori, Michelle & Kris
"MUMS GROUP"
Desiree * Alisha * Michelle * Erica * Joanna * Lori * Faith * Kris
Here are some of the ladies from the "Mums and Kids" group (Alyssa, Theresa, Jenny, Heidi, Michelle, and her friend from NY, Wendy, Lori, Sarah, Erica, Faith, Alisha, Me, Catherine and her adorable baby, and Jennifer) that I joined in January 2007, and it wasn't long before Alisha asked me to take over moderating the group. I enjoy the get togethers, play dates, and time with the girls. The kids seem to play very well together too and some good friendships have formed.
Here I am with Theresa (an old friend from High School up north). I met her again at the first bunco party. I was SHOCKED to hear "Hi Kris" as I didn't expect to know anyone there! We have many fun memories from our time spent together more than 10 years ago. It was really great meeting up with her again. She is happily married with 2 sweet children. It truly is a "small world" after all. Love ya T ... I'm so glad to have you back in my life again --- missed ya!
***
Make new friends, but keep the old .....
Kim (my best girlfriend), Joshua + Kris ... 2003 in Northern Virginia
Kim and I have been friends for about 10 years. She has always been a really great friend to me, and at one time in my life I was closer to her than any other person. People even used to tell me that we look alike. I think it was 1998 when we took a girls get-a-way trip to Cancun, Mexico to take a break from work. We used to work together and really needed that "get away" way back then. That was so much fun! Kim and I shared many wonderful moments together. She is a "TRUE" friend, one who is always there for me when I need her, and still there when I don't. :) In 2006 I was the maid of honor in her wedding. Right before it was my turn to stand up and give a toast she leaned over and said "Kris, you do NOT have to do this ... I am nervous myself with these lights shining in my face" she said. True "Kim style" to be concerned with MY feelings when it was HER day. I told her that I wanted to do it although I was nervous. My maid of honor speech was a poem that I wrote for her and Brian. I think it went over well even though my nerves did make me fumble thru a few lines ... in the end everyone seemed to like it. She and her husband really seemed to love it and that was all I was hoping for. We spent a week in San Diego.
Kris, Tara, Dani, Jenn & Kim / San Diego, California
The happy couple / Brian and Kim (taken when they came here to visit us in 2005)
Here she is the day of the wedding at her hair appointment. Great hair!!!
So ... KIM was a beautiful, calm bride to be ... but not me! I was a blubbering baby as I walked down the aisle in this picture above. Tears of joy though / tears of joy because I am so happy she has found her prince charming. Brian is truly a wonderful man and together they make a special couple. I know they will have a beautiful life together. 
She made such a beautiful bride! I wish I had more wedding photos Kim ... but my old computer crashed, and these are all I could salvage from my camera. Please send me some! :)

MAY 2008 --- UPDATE: Welcome baby Mackenzie Maurer!
Kim and Brian ... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you waited a long time for your daughter to come, and now that she is here I know you are having the time of your lives. She is adorable, and so lucky to have the two of you as her parents.


2 comments:
Look how pale my face is in that picture. I guess it's true face's are hard to tan!!! What a fun night!!
Oh girl ... don't be silly, you look beautiful! :)
Post a Comment