First 2 classes (Enrolled in 8 week semesters = Full time student):
Psychology 101
Survey of the Bible
So far I've had 2 quizzes, and 6 papers due . . . So far, so good! All A's!!! :)
The reading is extensive, and I'm learning to be a better "note taker" - as I found on my first Bible course quiz that note taking is VERY important!
I'm REALLY enjoying the Psychology class (That's my Major) - and find the interactive "assessments" to be quite interesting. I love the one called "My head is spinning" about Cooper & Shepard's experiment (1973) which graphed reaction time of backwards and normal - rotated up to 360 degrees. In this experiment, the letter "R" is flashed on the screen 24 times and you have to quickly press "B" for Backward, or "N" for Normal. Results are compared with "average" results - Needless to say (I figured as much), my results were not "normal". This particular test wasn't concluded to "mean anything" important to brain function, but it is fun! I love things like this, and have always been very interested in HOW our brains work. It's fascinating to me, so hopefully I will continue to do well in this course and in all the subsequent Psychology courses over the next several years.
Right now, my 5 year goal is to obtain a Bachelor Degree in Psychology - Minoring in Christian counseling . . . although, I MAY change my minor to Biblical Studies - which is a matter of 6 of my "electives" being decided for me instead of my being able to choose whichever ones I want. Either way, I'm planning on taking all of the Christian counseling AND Biblical studies courses offered.
After that - I plan to explore Masters Degree options and plan to look for an internship for a couple days a week here in Columbia. I'm hoping to inspire Joshua and Dakoda to want to read more. They've been seeing me read a LOT more lately . . . so I'm sure it will make a difference for them as well.
That's the update from the "Mommy Corner". :) Life is good!
1 comment:
We're very proud of you Kris!!!
xo
Post a Comment