05 August 2009

Summer 2009 ~

Pictured: Todd & Michele, Gary & Angie, Dennis & Kris, Brandon & Christina, Rick & Heather Little Feet ... Kameron & I / one Sunny Summery Day
It's been a REALLY fun summer this year! Here are Joshua & Dakoda with the Blight boys . . .
Logan & Kaden. They are PRECIOUS boys!
Michele & Todd
Brandon & Christina
... and Rick is behind Todd
(Above: a few pics from Chris & Heather's surprise B-day party)

Thinking back . . . I just can NOT believe school is almost about to start up again!!! Where has the summer gone???

May 26th = A really fun day trip to Isle of Palms with friends. It was a great way to start the summer! :) The kids had so much fun playing and swimming - and also climbing on the sand dunes that day. We really enjoy our time spent with friends ... they are always up for having fun!

May 30th = We celebrated Dakoda's 5th B-day at Chuck E. Cheese and then came back to our house for a pool party that went late into the night. Lots of fun!

June 4th = When school got out - we took our annual family trip to Myrtle Beach for a week. We had a great time, as usual. When we got home from the beach I got my first ever ... TATTOO! Yea, I was as shocked as you may be to read this - I had been wanting one for some time, and finally decided on one while at the beach. I scheduled an appointment while at the beach, but backed out once I learned I couldn't swim for one week afterwards.

June 15 = I found a place here in Columbia called "Knotty Headz" - and went there to get the tattoo. I got a Christian Fish on my wrist, and then went back to add a decrative wrist band. I love it! Ok, so I may have gotten a few more since then ... but they are not visible to anyone except Dennis. :) Later this summer I went with friends to get my butterfly tattoo colored in ... and also to support Heather as she got her 1st Tattoo! She got a dragonfly, which means "live life to the fullest". That is her motto. She endured the pain, squirming some initially but later relaxing into the pain. She was brave! It was a fun night.

Dennis has been playing baseball on Saturdays, and also some Tuesdays each week. The kids and I have had a lot of "Mommy minutes" as he played ball. We always do something fun like go swimming, watch movies, wrestle, take a trip to duncan donuts, or go out to run errands. They have been so good for me! I couldn't ask for better boys. :)

We've enjoyed getting more involved with our church ... and the kids have as well. We are so excited for our Church home to be built! It will be ready in two weeks!!! Yeah! Our bible study nights are really fun. We did the "Fireproof your marriage" lesson recently and also went to see that movie. It was a good study, as all of our studies are.

June 20 = Dennis took a gun safety class with a group of our guy friends. He throughouly enjoyed it, and has since applied for his consealed weapons permit. He had his finger prints taken, and filled out the necessary paper work to be registered to carry a gun. This was one of his Father's Day presents. I was "on the fence" at first, but have since realized it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a gun as long as it's very secure and up away from the reach of our kiddies.

The end of June was busy still ... we had a baby shower for our friends Ron and Jennifer. We had it out at Sesqui park ... on June 28th. It was hot, but everyone had a great time. Since then, they have been blessed with their 2nd son - his name is Kaleb Fletcher Morris and he is a precious doll baby! He is perfect in every way. We are really happy for them.

June 27 = Our friend Heather planned a surprise Birthday party for her husband Rick. It went off without a hitch! We all met at Travinia's, and anxiously awaited to yell SURPRISE when he came in. Later, we had a pool party at our friend Chris' house. We've enjoyed spending time with our friends this summer.

July 4 = We celebrated 4th of July, and our dear friend Angie's B-day. It was a daytime pool party at Chris's house. His pool parties are wonderful! He is always so gracious, and welcoming to all of his friends. The kids LOVE Bailey (his daughter) ... so of course they had fun!

July 16 - 19 = We took a trip to West VA - that was so much fun!

July 24th = we had a double surprise Birthday celebration party here for our friends Chris and Heather. The entire 2 weeks of planning was brutal! Heather was "in on it" and thought it was for Chris (her actual B-day is Aug 2), and HE was "in on it" as well, but thought the party was for Heather. The lies were hard to remember! I'm NOT a good liar, I've learned that much about myself. The day of the party I received a phone call stating that Chris was leaving his house at 7pm ... I relayed that message to Heather who was here helping me set up everything - she quickly said "why is he leaving at 7 ... leaving for what?". Ut Oh! How could I get out of that one? I quickly tried to cover, but she HAD to be "onto me" at that point. I had been coordinating with Todd, and her husband Rick (who works out of town during the week) and it was all getting tricky to say the least. LOL .... but it was a really fun night! We swam, and built a fire to roast marshmallows to make smores. Both Chris and Heather were throughouly surprised and both said they had a great time. It was a good night.

July 25th = Joshua spent the weekend at Uncle Deeeeeee's house in Charlotte again. They had fun! D later stated how tired he was though, and said how exhausting kiddies can be. LOL ... YEP! That's true David.

End of July = Our little friend Kaden turned 1. We can't believe it's been a year! His Mommy, Angie - and his Daddy, Gary are good friends of ours .... and it really seems like YESTERDAY that Angie was pregnant with Kaden. Big brother Logan was trotting around (cute as can be) ... my my how time flies. They are a precious family that we are blessed to have as friends.

August 1st = another B-day pool party at the YMCA. Emmy turned 5! Her Mommy, Missy and I have gotten to know each other better recently since they joined our bible study group, and since they've come to a couple pool play dates here this summer. We always have a good time when Missy and Ray are around! They are genuine, kind people .... we are happy they didn't end up moving last year. :) Emmy has a little brother, Luke - who I get to watch in "kid care" at church once a month when it's my turn. I always enjoy playing with the 2-3 year olds on those Sundays.

August 2nd = Austin's B-day party at the Plex. He turned 2. It was also Heather's actual B-day that day ... but she stepped aside and had the party all for him that day. Austin & Megan are really cute kiddies. We see them at the YMCA 3 days a week and have enjoyed hanging out with them a lot the past year. The kids LOVED this party too. They played on big blow up contraptions for a good 2 hours before finally sucombing to little sweaty messes. LOL :)

August 3rd = Dakoda was screened for Kindergarten, and Joshua got his 4th grade teacher assignment! We can't believe BOTH our boys will be in school S O O N!!! Next, school shopping & Supply shopping needs to be done.

Still to come:

Men's golf day out (August 7)
Church, Farewell luncheon (August 9)
School Shopping (August 13)
Kyan's leapin lizards B-day Party (August 15)
Ron's Pool Party B-day / here at our house (August 15)
Our New church - 1st day in our new building (August 16)
1st Day of School (August 20)
Beach - Group 2 Day trip (August 29)

. . . Lots of fun for the Paulsen People & Co . . . To be continued

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's no wonder it seems like this summer has flown by! You guys are the greatest and I am so honored to have you all in my life!
HUGS!!!
Heather
xoxo

Ruth Martin said...

Busy summer! I'm still finding balloons around the farm - makes me smile and think of Dakoda! And every week at the farmers market we wish we had our helpers. A few customers asked about our nice young grandsons. I left the slip-n-slide on the shelf in the garage just so I could look at it and be reminded of all the fun the boys had - Dennis too! Good times, thank you for coming up. Love you, Mom