02 June 2009

Pool Play Dates ~

Today a few friends came over for a pool play date. Jenn, Heather, Missy, and Angie came with their kiddies to join Dakoda and I for an afternoon of fun in the pool. :)Dakoda took this one of me catching some rays while taking a break from cleaning the pool. He likes to take pics too (I wonder where he gets that from ... LOL), and I do let him - I'm just a bit hesitant near the pool since this is my "good camera". I never had one like this before, and I definitely don't want it to end up in the pool. Afterall, my last cell phone ended up in the TOILET, courtesy of little Dakoda.

I can't believe Dakoda will be starting Kindergarten in the fall ... so we want to have as much fun as we can while he is still home. Angie, Michael (had to leave early, so they are not in the photo above), Kameron, Jennifer, Heather, Austin, Megan, Missy, Luke & Emmy all came over to swim and play today. Kameron and Jennifer .... Kameron is really getting good in the pool this year. He doesn't like to wear a life vest because he wants to learn how to swim. He goes down the water slide and is so brave! He did it last year too, but this year he is really aware of the water. He is going to be a good swimmer! LOL ... he is completely potty trained now, and gets out of the water to pee. He's adorable. I smile just thinking of how cute he is all the time. Me ... giving Dakoda the "run down" of the pool rules today. See how intently he is listening? He enjoys time with his little friends. He was asking over and over "when are they all coming?"
Missy, Luke & Emmy. Emmy LOVES the water! Luke enjoyed it too, but also spent a lot of time up on the beach digging with the sand trucks. He's a cutie. I got to know Missy, Emmy, and Luke at church and I'm really glad I did --- they are really special people. Heather, with her kiddies: Austin (almost 2, and Megan, 4)
I met Heather at the gym, after finding out we had a bunch of mutual friends. It's a small world! I used to see Heather at the gym and think to myself, "I wonder if she is a body builder" ... she has the best personality to match that rock hard bod. I've really enjoyed getting to know Heather and her family this past year.


OK, so I'm not used to my camera timer yet ... that thing snaps photos before you are even ready! I tried to get one of all of us looking, but instead - here I am saying "Come on Dakoda - hurry". LOL ... he looked at me and said "nope" real quietly. All I could do was crack up. That boy likes being behind the camera, but not in front of it.
It was a really fun day. The kids enjoyed themselves ... and so did the Mommas.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I can't forget Joshua. He was at school the other day . . . As I'm updating the blog tonight, Dakoda just came in and saw that Joshua WORE HIS NEW SWIM SHORTS FROM AUNT CAROL and UNCLE BRUCE!!!! He is NOT happy! All I can do is laugh (I know, it's bad) because he is being so funny right now. First, it's 10:15 and WAY past his bedtime ... but he heard me in the office and wanted to see his Birthday pics AGAIN. I forgot that Joshua had worn his new shorts. I have Joshua telling me that Dakoda is "in more pictures than he is", and Dakoda saying "Mommy - you let HIM wear my shorts?". A Momma can't win! LOL

Today (June 2, 2009) Joshua had his 3rd grade ceremonies at school. He was sad to miss the pool play date on Tuesday, so he and I had our own play date today while Dennis and Dakoda took a nap. The water temp was 96 degrees though since I forgot to turn it down from yesterday ... so it was really hot! We had fun anyway though. We talked, played ball, and planned our wish list for the beach trip coming up soon. I just can't believe that my big guy is almost as big as ME! I'm only 5'3" ... so it's good that he will be taller than me, but I didn't expect he'd be THIS big before he was even in middle school. The funny thing is, today at the school I could clearly see that all of the other kids lined up with their certificates were a foot taller than Joshua. Kids are huge these days! Ah well, he was my little premie baby. Dakoda is telling me how "tiny" Joshua is. They wear the same size shoe now.

I love the special times that Joshua and I get to share. We always find a way to carve out time each day ... even if it's not until the end of the day. I'm grateful for the bond that he and I share. He's a good boy! We were so proud of him today for making the A/B honor roll all year. He came so close to straight A's ....... but he said next year he WILL do it.

2 comments:

Ruth Martin said...

Time marches on... Joshua is growing up to be a mature, intelligent, kind hearted, and thoughtful young man!!! As he grows many things will change ... but his love for family and God will just grow stronger. Congratulations on your good grades Joshua - Love, Nanny and Paps

Alisha said...

Hey Kris~~ I thought I would leave a message since this is the first time I've come by your blog in a while!

I love this post about you and Joshua. He is growing up to be quite a handsome boy!! I teared a little when you wrote about how tall he is getting...Brooke's head now comes to my shoulders :( Time moves by so quickly....it's bittersweet isn't it? Aren't we blessed to have such amazing relationships with our children? I hope it stays that way forever because I don't think I could bear it any other way!!

I am glad to see you guys are doing well....I have it on my to do list to start keeping my blog again...but between work, being mom, wife, and housekeeper....it's so hard!! But we are all doing great!

Bud made straight A's this year...Brooke struggled a bit, but really picked this end toward the end of the year. Her cousin is tutoring this year:) Brandon is great...working hard as usual! When he's not working, he is fishing...we tag along sometimes, but I don't like to go deepsea like he does!! Me...I am great. Don't have as much "me" time as I would like and it's been harder to find friends with kids around here...ones that are "normal" at any rate!! lol!! Thinking of starting a Bunko group...so we will see what becomes of that! All of my girlfriends are single, so it makes it hard to do things with them. Thankfully they love the kiddos though....but it's hard to get out by myself to do GNO's anymore! I miss the freedom of Columbia...LOL! But maybe that is only because I didn't have a full time job then:)

Anyhow....I will try to keep in tough better! Hope you are doing well....hug yourself for me:)

~alisha~