Today marks our 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY with Dakoda. He came into our lives on May 2, 2007. I'll always remember the drive to Orangeburg to pick him up. We waited, and prepared for that very special day for two months since receiving the call that he was available for adoption. We would be Dakoda's 4th home in his short 2 (almost 3) years of life. We were so excited to meet him, and to bring him home.
We got dressed, and drove to the DSS office to pick him up. It all seemed so surreal. We didn't know how he would be, how he would act, or if he would even like us. We prayed a lot, and hoped for the best. It all went way better than we ever could have imagined, and we've been so happy ever since.
Dakoda is a vivacious, witty little boy. He is full of adventure, and not afraid to try new things. He has brought so much joy to our lives ... and Joshua got the best gift of all ... a little brother.We couldn't ask for anything more.

The Foster / Adoption process was wonderful ... and we truly feel blessed to have Dakoda. He completes our family.
Today we are celebrating. Right now I have his favorite chocolate chip "Mommy cupcakes" in the oven. He asked for them today. LOL ... it's funny though, he loves these the best - but has no idea I put carrots, beets, and spinach in them. Yea, they are "healthy cupcakes" and he loves them. He thinks he doesn't eat too many "yucky vegetables" ... but he does! :)They both are growing up so fast. All I can do is cherish them each day --- and that I do!
I'm a very proud Momma who wishes she could freeze time. Every year I think to myself "this is the best age" ... then the next year, "this is the best age" ... I guess it's safe to say I love every age they've been. They are so funny, they play so well together, they are so helpful around the house ... ah heck, they are just fun to be around. I love my little guys.
Life is good.
1 comment:
My precious Grandsons --- You're the greatest!
Post a Comment