30 November 2008

A bakery for a day ~

Karen and I (and our pups of course) got together yesterday to make Christmas Cookies. We made several different kinds, and prepared covered plates decorated with bows and candy canes to give out this Holiday season. We baked for hours and had so much fun. I was the one eating them all day ... she had way more will power than I did / but hey, it's that time of year for eating Christmas cookies so I had to let myself try them ... all of them. :)
I tried a new recipe this year that Aunt Carol sent to me ... chocolate covered coconut balls. Yummy! They were tricky at first, but once I got the hang of it they turned out great.
Bella and Nugget are always so cute together! After he leaves, she sniffs around the entire house and then looks up at me ... runs to each room, looks at me again. Last night after they left, I told her that they were gone, but she wasn't too happy. She looked up at me and barked twice at me ... I guess she didn't want the fun day to end.
Nugget was good all day ... Bella on the other hand was trying to eat any drop of cookie that she could find on the floor. Silly pup! She's still young though ... she'll calm down I'm sure. Well, I hope she does anyway. LOL

No comments: