20 June 2008

Thursday Date Day ~


Miss Ashton has been watching Joshua and Dakoda every Thursday for us while Dennis and I have our date day ... we've REALLY appreciated having her watch them for us. I just hope she is telling us the truth when she says "oh, they were so good for me". Afterall, we know that they can get rowdy at times. She typically gives us a good report though, so that's good. It's good to hear that Dakoda is using his manners when with her, and that Joshua is behaving too.
*
We typically go to breakfast or lunch, see a movie (we love movies) or shopping or something like that. Recently we tried a new place for massages and it exceeded our expectations by a mile! I am such a massage buff after doing it myself for several years having my own business so I really like to get a "good massage" when we go to spend money on it.
*
Urban Nirvana was awesome. We were taken back to a dark, tranquil waiting area before our therapists came in to greet us. There were snacks, water with cucumber slices (it was yummy) and candles burning. The soft music played in the background and we were relaxed before our session even began! :) When the therapists came in to get us we were taken back to a large room with two tables. It was such a surprise because when I booked it, I told them we needed to go at the same time - meaning the 11:00 hour, but not in the same room. I didn't even know that was an option. It was fun to be together and to get a massage in the same room though. Of course, we didn't talk ... LOL ... Dennis sleeps most of his massage.
*
Afterwards we took our relaxed selves downtown to eat at a place called mellow mushroom that Ash had recommended. We had pizza and chatted with a lady awaiting her soon to be daughter in law. It was funny to hear her talk about the way the bride to be was a type of "bridezilla" ... but she meant it lovingly I'm sure. Maybe her frustration came from sitting for 30 + minutes as the bride to be ran late. I'm so glad that Dennis and I went to the courthouse, wore all black (thought we'd have better luck doing it this way) and then off to an elaborate lunch at McDonald's on our wedding day. It was the best! Every year we eat at McDonald's on our anniversary ... remembering that very special rainy day February 18th, 2000. It was perfect. This June marks 9 years we've been together and the absolute best phase of my life! A husband and best friend, wrapped up in one ... how lucky am I? :)

1 comment:

Ruth Martin said...

The kids sure look like they are having a WONDERFUL time on their outing... Thanks Ms. Ashley for taking such good care of them!