On Saturdays, Dennis plays in his baseball league until about 2pm (yea, long games) and sometimes we all go to watch ... but on the days that we don't go we have our own special "Mommy and me" play dates.
This morning we played pick up sticks, took some photos together, (which obviousley we love to do) and then went to the mall since it's so hot out today.
I had to exchange a jean jacket from Steve & Barry's (a store I love since everything is so inexpensive ... a jean jacket for only $14.95) and then took the boys to a cool toy store in the mall. The sales associate let them play with EVERYTHING today, and they had a super fun time.
We went to reward Dakoda for a month of good behavior at pre-school and also for Joshua's interim report that he brought home from school this week. He is making excellent grades, and doing very well on his excellerated reading tests. His teacher told us he is reading at a 3rd grade level. We are very proud of him! She told us that she loves having him as a student. :) 
Now, we stopped off at home to let the boys have a quick nap and then we're off to an early dinner and to get some ice cream, and see a movie. Dennis should be home soon from his game. I hope he won. They are in the play off season now, and it's very important to him. I always tell him he should have gone "pro" since he is so good.
We always love our time as a family, all together .. but it's also fun to have special days with just the boys and I. : )
The boys were tackeling me on the floor ... trying to beat the camera timer / we had a lot of fun. Sometimes, simple fun is the best kind of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment