


Today was the 1st day of 2nd grade for Joshua. We set the alarm for 6:30 am and were all up and ready to go by 7:30 this morning. Joshua was excited, Dakoda was stating that it was "too early and we should all go back to bed" and Dennis and I were ready for this next step in our little man's life. We dropped him off in the car riders line after being instructed we would NOT be aloud to walk him in anymore. He said "good-bye" and walked confidently to his 2nd grade class. We pulled off and .... you guessed it folks .... boo hoo hoo all the way out of the school parking lot. I can't believe I thought it would be "easier" this year and it wasn't .... not at all! My big guy is growing up so fast and I can't believe he is in 2nd grade already. Seems like yesterday he was in my arms, all 4 pounds of him.
The day flew by though. We went to the gym, worked out for 1.5 hours and then stopped of at IHOP for pancakes, eggs, hash browns, bacon, and toast. Yep, I ate all of that ... oh, Dennis had some food too + Dakoda ... but mainly ME. Starving today for some reason! :)
Glad our boy is home again. He loves his new teacher and had a fun day. Day #1 = success!
2 comments:
Glad you had a great first day buddy! Gavin really likes his teacher too!
Yeah Joshua!!! By the way, that is one big pencil he is using!!
Post a Comment