Pre-Adoption Update: Dakoda is now officially "legally free" for adoption! He has been in foster care for most of his little life. Now, the waiting period is over and we have 90 days to adopt him. Can you see my smile thru these typed words? It was the best news we've had all year! He is free, free to be our little boy ... free to have forever ... free! Free from the sad past that he has had to endure, free from the bad memories, free from the unstable existence. FREE! What could be better than that? I can't think of anything!!!
We just came home from a week in Myrtle Beach. We had such a fun time! We played on the beach, swam in the pools, roasted in the sauna :) and completely enjoyed the beautiful ocean and it's glory. The boys had a great time digging in the sand and visiting the kiddie pool our hotel had to offer.
DAKODA ALMIGHTY ... "I shall make these waves come forthe..."
"And throw Bubba's hat into them"
" I shall make sand into sand castles ... and bury Bubba beneath them" 
"I will bury my Momma too!"
"Next ... I shall WALK on WATER!!!"
"And give Joshua super powers to balance himself" ... for I am super Dakoda!



Yea, I made the boys have life vests on while near the waves. It was their first year actually going INTO the waves and the current was wicked and I didn't want to take any chances. I'm sure in years to come I may look back and think it was over protective ... but hey, I'm a Mom ... it's my right. :)
My babies and I - This was taken on our last night at the beach. They were ready for bed as we had one final round of "wrestle time" before I tucked them in. They had a blast jumping from one bed to the next. It was fun to watch. I taught them how to do hand stands also.
~ My dear sweet little boys, I love you so much! I could not ever ask for better little men, and wish for you both all the happiness in the world ~
Dakoda, the little "tree hugger"
Joshua, his pretty blue eyes and Dakoda ... squeeze!!!
My 3 best guys ... who I adore!
Here we are inside of the Ripley's believe it or not museum. This was a freaky, moving wall tunnel. It made us all really dizzy.
This is a statue of the largest man in the world ... believe it or not!
I wonder how HE ever found clothes to fit his body? Look at Dakoda's face ... shock! Joshua thought it was fake and didn't believe a man could be THAT big. What do YOU think? Is this fact or fiction? My vote = Fiction for sure!
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had fun. That's great news about Dakoda!
I wish we could have come up too, it looked like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment